So we immediately gave him panado etc, and then I asked Andrew to give him an administration (special priesthood blessing given to "the sick and afflicted"). Joshua sat on my lap for the blessing, and then when Andrew finished he went off to look at something on the computer and Joshua stayed with me.
After a little while Joshua got off my lap and wanted me to sit forward on the couch. He likes to sometimes stand behind me and touch my hair orhe gives me his hands over my shoulders and I must lean forward so he's lying on my back. So I thought he wanted to do something like that.
But he then picked up Andrew's keys, which he'd left next to us on the couch, and where Andrew keeps his consecrated oil in a little vial on a keyring, and he touched my hair with the keys, and then put both his hands on my head, copying what Daddy had just done for him.
It was so sweet to have my son emulating his dad as he serves in the priesthood.
I am so grateful to have a worthy priesthood holder in my home. It gives so much comfort to know that any time my children or I need a blessing, either an administration, or just a blessing of comfort and guidance, he is right there to do it, and because of the way he lives I never have to worry that he isn't worthy to do it.
I look forward to the day when Joshua will one day hold the priesthood as well, and he will be able to bless people's lives. It's a big responsibility to prepare him for that, but I have wonderful examples of how to do that.

(The photo is a bad quality because Andrew quickly came and took it with him phone and the light wasn't good enough...)
No comments:
Post a Comment