Today during sacrament meeting one of the speakers used part of Elder Richard G Scott's talk "Trust in the Lord".
I found myself thinking back to when I first discovered that talk. It was the middle of 2003, and it was quite by accident - I was preparing my visiting teaching message, using the internet, and I followed a link and found this talk. And it blew me away. It was at a time when I really needed this message, but I think that just about any time of our lives we need it.
Right at this stage I found out that the guy I had been dating had gotten engaged to someone else... The only redeeming feature of it all was that he told me himself, instead of me having to find out from someone else. But as you can imagine - I was NOT in a good place...
So to hear from an apostle of the Lord that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us, and that all the pain that we go through is for a specific reason - it is essential for our exaltation - was really something I needed to hear.
As I look back now, and see what else was happening then, which I didn't even realise at the time, I see how Heavenly Father really was in control of everything.
Shortly before all of this was the YSA activity where I first really spoke to Andrew. I wasn't speaking to him out of any romantic interest - rather just to be friendly. But it was the start of our relationship. The thing is, that neither Andrew nor I was ready at that point for anything more, but with the sequence of events, we were both perfectly ready a few months later to start a relationship, and then shortly thereafter to get engaged and married. Because of both of our personalities, if the timing hadn't been exactly as it was - especially with the complete end of my previous relationship being exactly when it was - we possibly would have missed each other. And looking at what we have, I am SO grateful that Heavenly Father was in control, allowing me my pain, but then letting me see from all of that that what I developed with Andrew was absolutely perfect for me!
I am so grateful to know that my Heavenly Father loves me like He does, and that He will only allow us to go through what is essential for our salvation and exaltation, but that ultimately all these things will give us experience and will be for our good (D&C 122:7)
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment