Wednesday, November 30, 2011

An Evening with Josh Groban

So last week on Cape Talk the prize that went along with winnig the 321 quiz was a set of Josh Groban tickets. I heard that on Monday and thought - I really want to win those tickets! I didn't call, but I knew all the answers... I didn't hear the quiz Tuesday to Thursday, but on Friday morning as I got into the car after dropping off Hannah they were just starting the intro, and even though I hadn't been listening, and didn't have a clue what the questions or answers would be (the quiz covers things that have been discussed that morning) I called anyway... And I was the first one through, and I got all 3 questions right! So I won a set of tickets to see Josh Groban!! And because it was the last day of the competition part of the prize was also getting to meet Josh before the show and have a photo taken.

So last night was the concert, and Granny kindly looked after the kids. I took Cindy with me backstage to meet Josh Groban, and get an autograph, and then Andrew went with me to see the actual show.

Meeting him before was nice, but he is just a man, so it's more nice to have the photo and autograph to show people ;o)



But the show was absolutely amazing! He is a really amazing performer, and who knew he played the piano and drums so well as well! So the singing was fantastic of course, the other musicians are all also really fantastic, he's a very warm person so he engaged the 5 000-strong audience despite the huge venue. It was really just an amazing night!

These are some of the official photos, but I saw it all myself!





I realised this morning, that with 2 small kids and a 3rd on the way and all sorts of responsibilities that Andrew and I both have at work and church and family etc, that we haven't been on a date like this in a very long time. So apart from the chance to watch a really great performance, it was really good for us to have that time together as well. And as much as all sorts of people were coveting my extra ticket, it had to be Andrew that went with me. I'm so glad we got to share this!

No comments: